Are you compliant with the WEEE regulations and ensuring the safe disposal and fluorescent tube recycling of your waste lamps?
LAMP & WEEE Waste Storage Solutions
Storage solutions for fluorescent tube recycling & WEEE waste disposal
Fluorescent tube disposal storage solutions ideal for fluorescent tube recycling & light bulb disposal. Recycling storage solutions ideal for WEEE waste disposal. Ecolamp also provide a non hazardous and hazardous WEEE waste collection service across the UK.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic WEEE regulations came into force on 1st July 2007, making it illegal to dispose of any lamps without a transfer note proving that they are to be recycled, regardless of quantities. The maximum fines are £30,000 per lamp.
In Jan 2015 new regulations require businesses to store their WEEE waste in separate containers, so you cannot mix (e.g.) lamps, batteries or Electrical/Electronic waste in the same container
Since the 1st July 2007 the WEEE regulations state it is now no longer legal to use landfill sites or skips for disposal of fluorescent lamps, high intensity discharge (HID) lamps, linear and CFLs compact tube light bulbs and by law, you must be able to prove to your Local Authority that you have complied with the new WEEE regulations. You are required to obtain a “Hazardous Waste Transfer Note” to show that you have disposed of your waste in a responsible manner.
The Legal, (and environmentally sound) treatment is to recycle the fluorescent lamps, extracting the glass and metal components and distilling the elemental mercury from the powder in the lamps for reuse.
The Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005, which came into force in July 2005, incorporated the European Waste Catalogue definitions to assess waste, under these definitions fluorescent tubes, high intensity discharge (HID) lamps, linear fluorescent light bulbs and CFLs compact fluorescent light bulbs are classed as Hazardous Waste and MUST be handled in accordance with the regulation.
Ecoshred provide confidential and secure paper shredding, including one off collections and regular scheduled services. Protect yourself from identity theft and fraud, Stay legally compliant within the data Protection act and save time and money by using our secure service. Fully ISO accredited shredding and media destruction service, Compliant & certified to level set by the BS EN 15713:2009 security shredding standard.
For more information visit: www.ecoshreduk.com
Ecolamp fluorescent tube and waste lamp collection disposal recycling | We Collect and Recycle Your Old Computers
When your old business computers and IT equipment reach the [...]
- To help you comply with the HELA recommendations of the HSE, that all lamps should be fragmented before disposal.
- To break all types of lamps safely under controlled conditions.
- To reduce their volume (minimisation) and cost of waste disposal & recycling.
- To overcome risks of injury when tube lamps are broken and dumped haphazardly into skips and other containers.
- To overcome the problems of vandalism.
- To reduce problems of lamp storage.
- To overcome the vastly increased risks of fire on premises that store waste low pressure sodium (SOX) lamps whole and untreated with considerably increased fire insurance premiums.
- To reduce pollution of the surrounding areas when lamps are broken in a dry state.
To meet COSHH and Duty of Care and EPA legislation.
- Ecolamp practice safe fluorescent lamp disposal and can provide a fully in-house service. All disposal & recycling routes are fully traceable and all recycled products have markets.
Our experienced and trained staff ensure that all WEEE waste and waste lamps ( fluorescent tubes, high intensity discharge (HID) lamps, Linear and CFLs Compact fluorescent light bulbs) are properly documented and disposed of using the most cost effective and environmentally friendly route in compliance with all the current WEEE regulations. Whatever your requirements, whether you have a regular waste lamp problem or a ‘one off’ requirement for disposal, Ecolamp can help and will provide the same level of professionalism no matter how large or small the job. We issue full documentation and Waste Recycling
- Reduces landfill waste
- Reduces potential contamination of land and water
- Improves health and safety
- Delivers “Duty of Care” to the user
- Makes economic use of all components
- Ecolamp offer this recycling service and have a simple pricing structure based on a price for the lamp storage unit and price for collection and recycling of the contents.
We offer a WEEE regulations compliant recycling solution for the disposal of your waste lamps, high intensity discharge (HID) lamps, linear and CFLs compact fluorescent light bulbs and all types of WEEE waste
Ecolamp offer a WEEE compliant recycling disposal collection service for the following: Fluorescent lamps, high intensity discharge (HID) lamps, linear fluorescent light bulbs and CFLs Compact fluorescent light bulbs, Batteries, Electrical/Electronic, Computer, Office Furniture, Appliances (Domestic and Commercial) Etc